What we do
CTD is a service that provides you with the ability to view both summarized and detailed information about your communication history and the corresponding relationships you have (i.e. your network of contacts). We use this communication history to help you find interesting and relevant connections within your network of contacts. When you share your information with us, we use that information - at your request and for your benefit - to help you learn about your relationships with your contacts and to make contact with people with whom you want to make contact.
We enable this by letting you share - with your explicit permission - the existence of and strength of your relationships with other users of our service (and vice versa.) We then allow you to ask your contacts for introductions to their contacts.
What we collect
We only collect the information from you that is necessary to provide our services and only do so after giving you full information and notice about our data practices. Once we have provided you with fulsome notice we request your explicit consent to undertake any data collection. In short, the basis of our collection and processing of your data is our legitimate interest in facilitating a positive user experience through prominent user-facing features in our application.
We get information about you in a range of ways:
Information You Give Us Directly. With your consent, we collect your name, postal address, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), as well as any other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information You Give Us via Delegated Authorization. With your consent via OAuth (in the case of Gmail) or other delegated authorization (the details of which vary with the service to whom you are granting us permission to access), we collect your email metadata (including headers, dates, to/from/cc/bcc information, and subject lines). We also collect your email body data - but only if you have given explicit permission - for the purpose of sentiment and other content-based analysis, and only for the purpose of showing that data to you and those you have explicitly shared it with prominently in the user interface.
Information We Get From Others. With your consent, we may get information about you from other sources, including data obtained from other users of this service. This may include emails and other written communications that you are party to and the contact information for you included in those communications.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or other devices you may use to access the Site and utilize our service. For example, when visiting the Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site ("referrer"), pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on the Site.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by our Site. We may use both Session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and Persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Use of personal information
We only use your information - as explicitly directed by you - to provide a positive experience directly in prominent user-facing features. You may withdraw your consent at any time. We use your personal information exclusively as follows:
- We use your personal information - including your email message data and the frequency of, dates, and number of messages, as well as information about the included parties in the to/from/cc/bcc information - to build and present to you prominently in the user interface an analysis of your contact network and your historical communications with that network (and vice versa, with explicit permission). We also use this data to present you with prominent user-facing features to request personal introductions to your contacts' contacts (with their explicit permission).
- We use your personal information to link or combine your contact details (such as variations on the spelling of your name, nicknames, where you've worked, or historical email addresses you've used) and improve the quality of the information in our systems concerning you. We do this explicitly to reduce and eliminate errors and inaccuracies.
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services. No humans will read any data obtained from Google Restricted Scopes unless we have first obtained your affirmative agreement for specific messages.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with other CTD users with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information (including the strength and existence of your relationships and communication history) with others so that they may request introductions to your contacts (and vice versa) directly in the user interface of the Site.
- We may share personal information with other CTD users for the purpose of maintaining accurate and correct contact information to display in the user interface of the Site. For example, we may correct the spelling of your name or email addresses with those who have inaccurate information (and vice versa). You benefit by having reliable and accurate contact information.
- We may share personal information as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets. We will provide notice to you in that event.
- We may share personal information to comply with applicable laws.
- We may share personal information with those who need it to do work for us, such as employees or independent contractors. No humans will read any data obtained from Google Restricted Scopes unless we have first obtained your affirmative agreement for specific messages.
- We will not share your personal information with a third party without your consent and never in a manner that is inconsistent with the core purpose for which you provided CTD with your consent.
- We will not use or transfer your data for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising.
Information choices and changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Our Site and Service are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect the information of children younger than 13 years of age. If we find that we have collected any Personal Data or Personally Identifiable Information of minors younger than 13 years of age we will delete that information as soon as is practicable. If you find that we have obtained any such information, please contact us at the address below with a request that we delete that information and we will promptly respond to any such request.
548 Market St, #77624
San Francisco, CA 94104-5401